What will I need to purchase for school?
You will need:
- Course: Theory
- Magnum Steno Theory book, Fourth Edition (once you contact the academy for enrollment, you will be given instructions on how to purchase this book as a student)
- Course: Medical Terminology
- You will not need this until your second quarter of Theory.
- Medical Terminology: A Short Course (5th edition) by Davi-Ellen Chabner. *MUST BE THE 5th Edition
- You can purchase this on Amazon, Ebay, or any online book retailer that you can find that carries this edition of the book. Price can vary depending on if you buy it new or used.
- Course: English Terminology
- This is an optional purchase and not required for the course. If you would like to use it to supplement the course, you will not use it until your second quarter of Theory.
- How to Say It and Write It Correctly NOW (2nd Edition) by Dr. Santo J. Aurelio. **MUST BE THE 2nd Edition
- You can search the same online retailers for copies of this book. Price may vary.
- 1. Must not be a Mac or a netbook; and run on Windows, Vista, 7,8, and 10
- 2. Should have at least one USB port, 8 GB or more of RAM, at least a 256 GB SSD drive, and a 2.0+ GHz processor.
- 3. Microsoft Office and PDF reader required. (For more information on purchasing Microsoft Office separately, please visit the Microsoft website.)
- Required features:
- 1. Extended asterisk key to the right;
- 2. Extended -DZ keys;
- 3. Realtime cable.
- CAT Software:
- DigitalCAT student software can be purchased at www.stenovations.com